When it’s time to start a treatment process to straighten your teeth, you will be offered a couple options. Two of the most popular are metal braces and Invisalign. Though they both offer the same results, there are so many advantages of Invisalign over metal braces. Here are just five of those great advantages:
- Invisalign Is Faster: Metal braces can often take 5 years before your treatment is finished. Invisalign on the other hand only takes 1-1½ years. Plus with Invisalign you see the straightening results after every treatment, so you feel more confident as you go through the process.
- Invisalign Treatments Are Easier: The treatment schedule for Invisalign is much easier than with metal braces. Metal braces often require a trial and error period and lots of adjustments to ensure they are getting the results you need. Invisalign is mapped by your orthodontist and a sophisticated computer program, so your treatment is mapped. You will also only go for follow up treatments every 4-6 weeks, which frees up your time.
- Invisalign Aligners Are More Comfortable: When metal braces are attached to the teeth until the orthodontist takes them off. Invisalign braces are removable and can be taken off if they ever bother you. You also do not wear them during eating or cleaning, so they never get in the way of your normal activity. Plus, Invisalign liners are smooth to the touch which is much more comfortable than the sharp edges of metal braces.
- Invisalign Is Safer: Metal braces have sharp edges that can cut against the inside of your mouth, your lips, and your tongue. They can also be painful against your gums. Invisalign are smooth and will never injure your mouth. You also remove them to clean your teeth, which helps fights against cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease. Metal braces are very difficult to clean, which can contribute to oral hygiene-related illnesses.
- Invisalign Is Invisible: Invisalign aligners are completely clear, so no one can tell that you are wearing them. Metal braces on the other hand are unattractive and can make you feel insecure when you smile, especially as an adult. Invisalign braces are more attractive and you’ll still feel confident smiling and laughing.
Invisalign has so many advantages over traditional metal braces. If you live in the Long Island area and would like to experience these advantages or learn if Invisalign is the right treatment for you, contact Hidden Smiles Orthodontics to schedule an appointment for consultation today!