Our Huntington, Long Island orthodontic office uses the most state-of-the-art technology available to help create the smile you want, which is why we use the iTero™ digital impression system. The iTero digital scanner replaces the uncomfortable, unpleasant-tasting, messy and sometimes inaccurate traditional putty impressions. No bulky trays or sticky putty needed!
With the iTero™ scanner we can now take highly accurate digital impressions resulting in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience. Digital impressions give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3-D.
HOW IT WORKS?
The iTero scanner digitally captures the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser and in a few minutes renders a digitally perfect, 3D impression of your teeth and soft tissue. Through digital software you’ll then be able to follow the progress of the scans including a 3-D model of your teeth on our computer screen.
Conventional vs Digital Impressions
The iTero allow us to take three-dimensional (3-D) digital images, or impressions, of your teeth and bite. The digital impressions and the model will help us formulate a personalized treatment plan that meets your specific orthodontic needs and desires. We can also use them to visually show you your treatment options and help us keep you up-to-date on your treatment progress.
After your specific treatment plan has been chosen, the digital impressions allow us to send the digital impression to a lab to create the customized treatment plan that is just right for you.
Some benefits of the iTero™ digital impression system over traditional putty impressions include:
• Accuracy: They capture the exact contours of your teeth.
• Efficiency: They require less time in the treatment chair.
• Comfort: Taking the digital images is less invasive. No putty is used, and patients are more at ease without fearing they will gag on the impression putty.
• Customization: They provide a digital plan and allow for trays that are tailored to meet the individual needs and desires of each patient.
• Visualization: They provide each patient with a definite picture of what their teeth will look like before, during and after orthodontic treatment.
• Innovation: They use the most advanced 3-D video technologies.