When it comes to the various options available to you for straightening your teeth, choosing Invisalign has a lot to recommend it. Invisalign is an effective way to fix bite-alignment issues without resorting to traditional brackets-and-wires braces.
Invisalign is a very easy orthodontic option to live with; you don’t need to make many adjustments at all. To get the most out of Invisalign treatment, you just need to follow a few very simple care guidelines.
Here are the Dos and Don’ts of Invisalign…
An integral part of starting your Invisalign treatment is receiving thorough care instructions. Your orthodontist’s word is always the most important, but the following general guidelines apply to almost all Invisalign patients:
- DO: Remove your aligners for eating and for drinking anything other than water.
- DO: Make sure you keep your aligners in for 20-22 hours every day.
- DO: Brush and floss thoroughly after every meal. Make sure you’ve gotten rid of all food particles before you insert your aligners.
- DO: Rinse your aligners each time you remove or insert them.
- DO: Keep up with all scheduled appointments.
- DO: Speak, smile, and live normally thanks to the convenience and confidence offered by Invisalign!
Keep clear of these basic Invisalign mistakes to ensure that your treatment is as fast, affordable, and effective as it should be:
- DON’T: Leave your aligners in while drinking heavily-pigmented beverages. Doing so may risk staining your aligners or even your teeth.
- DON’T: Use ordinary toothpaste or a stiff brush to brush your Invisalign aligners. This may scratch the plastic and compromise their effectiveness.
- DON’T: Rinse your aligners in hot water. High enough temperatures can warp the aligners and lengthen the amount of treatment time required.
- DON’T: Remove your aligners outside of mealtimes if at all possible. Remember, they are intended for nearly round-the-clock wear.
- DON’T: Delay reaching out to your orthodontist if you have any questions or problems. Better safe than sorry is always the rule.
- DON’T: Tuck your aligners into a napkin while you’re eating. This is one of the most common ways patients lose their aligners!
Invisalign treatment is a terrific way to make your teeth both healthier and more attractive. Everybody deserves a smile they can be proud of! If you’re ready to start discussing Invisalign, or you’re interested in learning more about the procedure and care guidelines, this is the perfect time to reach out to us at Hidden Smiles Orthodontics and get started!
Hidden Smile Orthodontics helps patients all over the Huntington Long Island area with a wide range of orthodontic services, including (but not limited to) Invisalign clear braces. If you have any sort of bite issues – crooked, gapped, or crowded teeth – talk to us about the easiest, least-noticeable way to fix your problem! We are always happy to consult with new patients and discuss orthodontic solutions like Invisalign.