Our goal at Hidden Smiles Orthodontics is to give you the healthy, beautiful smile that you’ve always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel.
The effort on your part to find this information already shows us that you are committed to receiving the best orthodontic treatment possible, and this really means a lot to our team. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible.
We look forward to having you become a part of our orthodontic family!
Every smile starts with an initial consultation!
The initial consultation is one of the most important steps in orthodontics. It is your introduction to our office and is the first step towards getting to know you and your personal goals for treatment. During your consultation, you will meet Dr. Parikh, and the orthodontic team. After discussing your orthodontic concerns, the doctors will do a screening to:
• Provide a comprehensive smile, bite, and TMJ assessment
• Determine whether orthodontic treatment is appropriate to help achieve your goals
• Educate you on the esthetic and functional benefits of orthodontic treatment
• Answer any questions you may have about orthodontic treatment
This visit will last approximately 30 minutes and can be scheduled to accommodate your family’s busy lifestyle.
Following the initial consultation, the records appointment will be made. This visit is where Dr. Parikh will gather the necessary information about your bite to determine the appropriate way to treat your smile. This appointment will last approximately 45 minutes and, if time permits, can be scheduled to immediately follow the initial consultation.
At the conclusion of this visit, you will have the following diagnostic records:
• Digital Impressions – digital images of your upper and lower teeth
• Photographs of your teeth and face
• Lateral Ceph – A profile image to evaluate jaw and tooth position
• Panoramic Film – An image to evaluate tooth development and root position
• Hand/Wrist Film – An image of your hand to evaluate growth potential in children
• Periodontal (Gum) Examination for adults to evaluate the bone around the teeth.
Absolutely no part of the records visit will be uncomfortable, and only records that are necessary for an accurate and complete diagnosis will be taken.